Jeremiah 29 vs. 13

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye search for me with all your heart. ~Jeremiah Ch 29 vs. 13

Monday, January 31, 2011

WALKING AS JESUS DID

As those of you that have popped in know, I have been really trying to focus on God's love for me and the need for me not to judge myself or others. I understand that accountability in my walk with God is important, but in my opinion with judgement comes guilt - a useless emotion. I follow http://loveinthetruth.blogspot.com/ and came across a video about walking as Jesus did.
1st John 2:6. Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
The video posted below really makes you think. I love the Lord, but find I quite often don't turn the other cheek, quite often loose my patience and quite often don't model Jesus in my life. Joyce Meyer always says that "I am not where I need to be, but thank God I am not where I was."
The thing here is that I want my children to know God, to understand his love. When my kids aren't listening, fighting with each other, talking back or doddling. Do I model God's love? Am I an example of the peace that passes all understanding? Not always. I want my children to know God, to love God and to rely on him better than I have in the past. To do that, I must model Jesus. So for today, I know God loves me and that is amazing, I know that I haven't been perfect in my walk with him but that he is a forgiving God, but I also know that I have a responsibility to teach my children in the way they should grow. For those of you that take prayer requests, pray that I am able to hear God's gentle voice reminding me to show my children his love even in difficult circumstances. If any of you have a prayer request, post it below and I will pray for you. God Bless.

1 comment: